Dental implant services in Humble, TX can be the ideal solution to restore your smile. While our goal at Lovett Dental Humble is to help you keep your teeth healthy for life, tooth loss can occur through accidents, decay, and other causes.
Missing teeth can cause jawbone shrinkage and gum recession. Likewise, surrounding teeth can weaken on either side, causing risks to adjacent teeth, including plaque buildup and tooth decay. Also, problems with chewing can result in associated nutritional complications. When you don’t chew your food completely, you can develop digestive problems.
Dental Implants for Stronger Smiles
Your tooth replacement options include bridges, dentures, and dental implant services. Of the three, dental implant services are your best choice because:
- A dental bridge covers the gap between missing teeth. The dentist files down the surface of the supporting teeth and places a porcelain cap to “bridge” the space. Dental bridges can fail when the filed-down supporting teeth succumb to bone loss and decay.
- Dentures (both partial and full) can be particularly uncomfortable and can slip out of place while talking or eating. Dentures also contribute to eventual bone loss in the jaw.
- A dental implant is a stronger, more secure alternative for tooth replacement. Metal, screw-like posts replace the root of the tooth and provide a solid support for the prosthetic teeth. The process can take four to six weeks to allow the implant to settle in. In most cases, the implant lasts a lifetime.
The Most Common Dental Implant Services
Patients seeking dental implants at Lovett Dental Humble can choose from a variety of implant options. The most common dental implant services that we provide are single tooth or full tooth replacement.
Single Tooth Replacement Dental Implant Services
Dental implant services involving a single tooth replacement are usually a same-day process. If the replacement is for an extracted tooth, the dentist can likewise perform the implant procedure immediately after the tooth is extracted.
Full Tooth Replacement Dental Implant Services
For multiple missing teeth, dental implant services provide significant advantages over traditional removable dentures. The dentist will install multiple implant abutments, depending on the needs of the patient. Following the implant surgery, the dentist attaches the full set of dentures permanently in place.
Implant-supported dentures come in two types:
- The Snap-On Overdenture – Snap-On Overdentures fit tightly to the implants. Their vacuum-assisted housing contributes to their solid functionality. They are removable and provide a viable alternative for denture wearers.
- Fixed Hybrid or All-On-Four® – This is an implant-retained full upper/lower denture, which attaches permanently to the implants. The dentist uses a precision torque instrument to affix the tooth prosthetic with tiny threaded nuts on the implant screws. Fixed hybrid dentures are the best option when replacing a full set of teeth. They typically require between four and six implants.
The Timeline for Dental Implants
The dental implant process begins with a consultation with your Lovett Dental Humble dentist. To see if you are a candidate for dental implants, the dentist will use a CBCT scan. After the scan, you will receive a dental implant treatment plan, as well as financing and payment options.
Your next step is oral surgery. The dentist will use sedation surgery where you will probably sleep through the entire process. Side effects will be soreness and swelling, which you can easily control with Tylenol or dentist-prescribed pain medications.
Following a post-operative visit, the dentist will take your final impressions for the new permanent fixed dentures. Within two to four weeks after that, you will receive your beautiful new set of teeth.
The Cost of Dental Implants
Actual treatment costs are dependent on whether any additional procedures might be required, such as bone replacement therapy. Likewise, a single tooth implant with a crown will cost significantly less than a hybrid fixed denture.
Receive Dental Implants at Lovett Dental in Humble, TX
For a free consultation appointment and further information on costs and available financing, contact Lovett Dental Humble at 281-441-9000. Our team can restore your teeth and give you a reason to smile again.