When choosing a pediatric dental office for your child, at the heart of the decision is having someone you feel you can trust by your side. A child’s dental needs can change over their lifetime. Most parents want to know they are choosing a dentist they can trust to provide exceptional care for all of those needs. Learn more about our pediatric dentistry near Houston, Texas, to find out if we can help you. Lovett Dental Humble is always here when you need us.
Differences in Pediatric Dentistry and Typical Dental Services
One of the first things to consider when choosing a pediatric dental office is how well the practice can meet the individual needs of your child. One way to do this is to find out what types of services they offer. For example, a pediatric dentistry practice should have a board-certified dentist on staff that is certified as just that – a pediatric dental provider. This is often done through the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. A family dentist may not offer this. They may still provide services to children and may do a good job, but they may not be specialized providers.
Get to Know the Details About a Pediatric Dental Office
Another way to find out if one location is best for your child over another is to consider a few key factors about the location:
- Do they fit your insurance plan, if you have it? You can verify this before any appointment.
- Does the location offer a flexible schedule to meet your specific needs?
- Can the dental practice provide services for more advanced and specialized needs such as preventative dental services and orthodontics services?
- Does the location have equipment and tools meant for children? You want to choose a dental care provider capable of creating a comfortable space for your child.
- Does the location work with children of all ages? If your child is younger, make sure they can remain with the same provider long term.
It takes a bit of time and research to get answers to these questions. One of the best ways to do this is through a formal consultation.
Schedule a Consultation with a Pediatric Dental Office to Learn More
To really get an idea about how a children’s dentist works and the type of general dental services they can offer to you, set up a consultation. This works as an interview-like process where you can speak to one or more of the pediatric dentists on staff to find out what they are like. It may be a good idea to ask about:
- The education and training of the dentists
- The type of training the staff have in relation to the child’s needs
- Availability of education and training services for children to learn about dental care
- The type of dental care they offer, such as how often they want to see your child and the type of practice available
- What helps the dental practice stand out from others
A child dentist is a person you need to trust with your child’s dental needs. For that to happen, it is critical to choose the right provider, one with ample experience and dedication to providing exceptional services to your child. Set up some time to talk to a provider.
Choose the Best Pediatric Dental Office for Your Child
Don’t rush the decision to choose a pediatric dental office. Instead, schedule a consultation with our Lovett Dental Humble team. Meet them, get to know our practice, and find out why we can provide your child with the best level of care possible. Learn more when you reach out to us online or call our office at 281-441-9000 to set up an appointment.